Category Archives: Medical Tourism Costa Rica
More and more people from the West are setting their sights on dental implants in Costa Rica to avoid the high dental fees and other related charges that show up in their medical bills. Cosmetic dental work is quite expensive in high-income countries such as the US and Canada, where dental implant surgery alone can cost over $3,000.
In 2008, an estimated 73% of Americans below 65 years had some type of dental coverage, but around 45 million had no coverage at all (as per the report, Dental Insurance for Persons Under Age 65 Years with Private Health Insurance: United States, 2008, by Barbara Bloom and Robin A. Cohen of the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics). This is one of the primary driving forces behind many Americans’ decision to take advantage of low dental implants cost in Costa Rica.
Affordable dental work is one of the strong foundations making medical tourism in Costa Rica one of the strongest players in the global arena.
About Dental Implants
Cost and quality are the main positive points of teeth implants in Costa Rica. To learn more about the pros of getting dental implants in general, read the following:
- Dental implants are tooth replacements made of titanium that are attached to the jawbone. Patients can rest assured that only FDA-approved material are used in making dental implants in San Jose, Costa Rica and other cities in this Latin American country.
- Unlike with dentures, there’s no fear of the tooth falling out when eating, sneezing, or laughing. Implants are securely bonded to the jawbone.
- Dental implants eliminate the need to cover the roof of the mouth, therefore allowing the patient to enjoy the taste of food.
- With teeth implants, the bone is preserved and the facial structures are retained.
- As per the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the success rates of dental implants are reported at more than 95%. Implants are designed to be permanent, but only with the help of proper care and regular visits to the dentist.
Almost every woman loves the concept of a curvy body and shapely buttocks, but not everyone has the contours as desired. Plastic surgeries can do wonders but not everyone can afford them. Getting buttock implants in Costa Rica gives one the opportunity to enhance one’s posterior along with saving a lot of money. Choosing to get gluteal implants in Costa Rica also provides the chance to visit a marvelous country and indulge in a vacation in an exotic land.
In Costa Rica, dentistry procedures and orthopedic surgeries are also increasingly sought by patients who cannot afford these treatments in their home country. PROMED (Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine) reports that Americans and Canadians make up a major chunk of the medical tourists who throng Costa Rica.
Buttocks Implants – Overview
- Buttock implants have the purpose of augmenting the size of one’s derriere. One way of augmenting one’s rear is to take a certain fat amount from another part of the body and inject it into the butt area to enhance its appearance and shape. Buttock implants surgery is also known as gluteoplasty.
- However, if one doesn’t have sufficient body fat, buttock implants come in handy. They are usually made of solid silicone materials, different from the saline-filled implants that are used for breast augmentation.
- According to a study by Flores-Lima and Eppley published in the March 2009 edition of the journal of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, solid silicone implants are a secure way to aesthetically contour one’s buttocks.
- The study further states that “proper pocket dissection and location are paramount to successful implant placement and decreased complications”. Recovery from buttock implants surgery takes around two weeks.
Cosmetic dentistry is an important tool for helping to improve a vital physical attribute, but these procedures remain too expensive for most. Traveling for a smile makeover in Costa Rica is an affordable option, which may be beneficial in several other ways. Medical tourism in Costa Rica can help you get the service you need, when you need.
A recent study by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) has reported that 99.7% of Americans believe a smile is an important social asset. From interaction with your peers to professional associates, a smile can definitely make things easier. You don’t have to wait to have your smile enhancement in San Jose, CR, as most treatments here are available immediately.
About Smile Enhancement
Smile enhancement encompasses several procedures from tooth alignment to dental veneers that help bring a significant improvement to your smile.
The most common reasons to consider a smile enhancement procedure are:
- Your teeth are chipped or stained
- You have missing teeth or gaps between your teeth
- Your teeth are crooked or crowded
As the price of dental care continues to rise in the United States, more and more Americans are getting services like dental implants in Mexico border towns. Medical tourism in Mexico has become a buzzword among the Americans and Canadians on the lookout for circumventing high cost of healthcare in their home countries. Now availing dental implants in US-Mexico border areas is becoming equally popular. It takes less than two hours to drive from San Diego to get dental implants in Tijuana, Mexico. This is part of the reason why an article by Eilene Zimmerman published on the CNN Money website on July 7, 2010, reports a 20% annual growth in dental tourism in Mexico.
Where to get Teeth Implants in US-Mexico Border Areas?
There are many different cities along the US-Mexico border that offer dental implant services. Teeth implants in Mexico are one of the more common dental procedures and are readily available in the following cities:
- Los Algodones. Smaller than other Mexican border towns, dental implants in Los Algodones, Mexico is a good option if entering via Yuma, Arizona.
- Mexicali. Mexicali is a city that is easily accessible from the California border. It is another option for cheap dental implants in Mexico.
- Ciudad Juarez. This is a popular place to get dental implants in Mexico Texas border. It is only about 10 miles from El Paso, TX.
- Tijuana. Close to Mexicali, dental implants in Tijuana, Mexico are fairly common for people from California. Like other Mexico border towns, in Tijuana dental implants are about 60% cheaper than they are in the United States.
These are some of the more popular places to get dental implants in the US border on the Mexico side.
Cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica can help you get rid of that unsightly smile at a price you can easily call a pittance. There are different types of cosmetic procedures in Costa Rica, but cosmetic dentistry is among the more popular procedures sought after by medical tourists. The reason it could be so popular is because of the emphasis Americans give to a good smile: the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry found that 99.7% of the Americans surveyed find a good smile to be an essential social asset. Additionally, the survey found that 50% of the people involved in the poll were unsatisfied with their own smiles.
With those statistics, it is no surprise that Costa Rica has a booming cosmetic dentistry industry which is largely reliant on American dental tourists. Cosmetic dental work in Costa Rica is a growing industry.
Fat transfer, alternatively known as fat grafting and fat transplantation, is the process of contouring the body by using mini liposuction to remove fat tissues from one area of the body and injecting them into the desired part. A Fox News article by Hollie Mckay published on March 22, 2012 reports that this procedure is being highly sought by A-list celebrities after pregnancy to get back in tip top shape as fast as possible.
Doctors remove fat from the abdomen and inject it into the buttocks and breasts to give them fuller proportions. Fat transfer costs in the US can run into five figures! That’s why more people are exploring breast fat transfer and Brazilian butt lift in Costa Rica. In Costa Rica, the price is likely to be less than half of what fat transfer plastic surgeries cost in the U.S.
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has reported a 143% increase in the number of buttock lifts performed between 2000 and 2010 in the US. Many desirous of getting a well-contoured behind are turning to low cost Brazilian buttock augmentation in Costa Rica.
The average price of buttocks augmentation in the West can run into five figures. The cost of Brazilian buttlift in Costa Rica, however, is substantially lower and that too without compromising on quality. This is the main factor leading more and more Americans to get their derriere enhanced in Costa Rica.
Why Get Surgery for Brazilbutt in Costa Rica
There are a lot of reasons why individuals opt to get their Brazilian buttocks lift in Costa Rica. Some of those reasons include:
- Cost – As previously mentioned, the cost of a Brazilian lift in Costa Rica is significantly cheaper than in other countries of the West. You may save anywhere from 30%-70% even after you include the price of travel and stay. In fact, cost of all medical and aesthetic treatments such as weight loss surgeries, orthopedic procedures and even dental implants in Costa Rica is much lower than the prices quoted for them in the US, the UK, and Canada, all thanks to the low living cost in the Central American country.
- Quality Healthcare - Medical tourism in Costa Rica is on the rise. And it is not just low cost alone which has been fuelling this phenomenon. The easy availability of quality procedures at costs that can be termed a pittance sans any waiting times has also been a big pull factor among overseas patients. The quality of healthcare in Costa Rica can be gauged from the global healthcare system rankings released by the World Health Organization as per which Costa Rica has the 36th best healthcare system in the world – even above that of the United States which ranks 37th.
The healthcare industry in the US seems to be impetuously determined at pricing medical treatments at ridiculously high costs, thereby making treatments beyond the financial means of millions who are either uninsured or under insured. Medical tourism in Costa Rica has helped fill this gap created by the American medical industry.
As healthcare costs continue to rise in the United States, it’s expected that the number of medical tourists going to places such as Costa Rica in search of cheaper, better medical care will also rise.
Whether you want a major surgery like gastric bypass or a relatively smaller procedure like dental implants, in Costa Rica you can be sure of saving big on your healthcare bills.